Thursday, September 27, 2007

Going the distance

Had another 战利品today..

TADAAA!!!!!!!

Cute right cute right???? It's call Play Dates. wahahahah~ I am a sucker for mismatch earrings ever since I visted all the taiwanese yahoo auction sites, and gotten my first pair of the minnie mouse one from Apostrophe.



Anyway this pair was from my sec sch junior XW who started an online store with another junior - http://www.thecurtsey.com/. Met up with her again today when she brought me the two pieces of clothings that I ordered (i got the afternoon siesta and uniform patrol..you will see the real thing very soon!) (on me of course..).


This pair of earrings was a last min request from me, after I was debating if I need another pair of mismatch earrings (what was I thinking...tsk).


Was talking to XW when met up with her first on Mon, when she brought down 3 pieces for me to try on. She decided not to join the rat race after graduating from uni, and had been giving full time tuition ever since. Talking to her again today, realised that she has the kind of gungho attitude that a lot of us will admire - not content to conform to corporate rat race, ever looking for opportunities, working very hard to achieve what she wants in life.



Which reminds me of a story:-


There were two handsome horses, both with the sinews of powers and strength. 唐三藏asked both horses, "Which of you is willing to go to the west with me, in search of the sacred scripture?"


Both horses pondered. The journey to the west is dangerous and perilous. The black horse replied, "I dont think it will be able to survive the journey. I shall just stay at my stable." The white horse thought deeply, and finally replied, "Yes, I will accompany you to the west. I do not know what dangers may arise during the journey, but I will give it a try."


And so, the white horse followed 唐三藏 in search for the sacred treasure. The journey is indeed perilous and dangerous, but as the story goes, 唐三藏did find the scripture, and returned to Central China with the white horse.


(If at this point of time, you think that I am going to tell you about taking risk, be entrepeunurial,...you are off the mark liao.......)


The white horse finally was united with the black horse at the stable. The black horse was overjoyed to see his companion of old time returned, and asked him many questions of his quests. Finally, the black horse exclaimed, "The west is so far away, and you must have travelled a very long distance!" To which, the white horse replied, "My brother, you have also travelled the same distance as me." The black horse was very puzzled."How could I have been travelling the same distance as you when I was in my stable all this time?"



The white horse said, "While I was taking each step towards the west, you are also pacing the same number of steps around in your stable. We have both taken the same number of steps, my brother"



:) It would have sounded better in Chinese, but well, it's harder to type. So make do ok?



So anyway, main point is, visit the website! It's really very quaint, all designs are personally undertaken by the proprietors of the online store.



(but eat your heart out. That was the last pair of Play Dates!muahahahah *evil laughter*)

2 comments:

Becky said...

The online shop looks nice but i think i need to lose more weight to fit in right... sigh...
hey, wear your new clothes when we meet on wed for our lunch date!

Unknown said...

Your sec sch junior XW who started an online store http://www.thecurtsey.com/.
she is a third wheel. She do everthing to despoil anothers girl husband. Unlievable..