Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Why I write My Blog

I cant think of any better subject title.

I was asked this question : since I already write so much during the day, why would I still want to write at night?

There is no reason why anyone would like to like to watch tv, or hum to a good song on the radio. It's just relaxing.

白天的写作,是绞尽脑汁。晚上的写作, 是让绞得抽筋的脑袋,放松。Like warming down you know.

Anyway I realised that there are hundred and one random thoughts that will occur to me at anytime of the day. Like today. In the morning, I will be looking at the car beside me and wonder if the morning dusky sun is so glaring that the driver has to wear sunglasses. In the office, maybe I will be thinking of the nice chocolate bun that I want to grab from the backery later..and thinking that human is really weird, need to eat and sleep (like a slug), remembering a line from some story from Isaac Isamov(yes, the part on the slug was also from the story). At night, as I was driving home, I will be thinking how many emotions and thoughts run concurrently in all different tin-can cars along the same stretch of PIE, and if the bad Carebear comes he can collect all the thoughts and control the world..

Ok..you get what I mean by random thoughts.

Anyway sometimes I just catch one random thought and just write. Write.

Whatever that comes to the mind. Not having to conjure bombustic words, not having to justify the existence of any person's job. Not having to feel responsible if I cannot second guess what the eventual party. Not having to check for grammar, tense, bullet point numbers, flow. Not having to worry that reality doesn't match.

Sometimes I cant write cos really...the brain is so cramped up, one more nuance and it will go into spasm.

Sometimes I find that there are too many random thoughts, or not one that I can go more in depth to how far the thought thread can go. Then I just let it go.

Which is why sometimes I like to read the main page of Wikipedia. The stories are so varied and change everyday. Everyday is a little surprise to read about the world, and events that may or may not affect you. I chanced upon an article, and learnt that the big longkang behind my house was actually a piece from Singapore history, as it forms the important Kranji-Jurong line of defence during the second world war. This morning was the 100 day Games at the Colusseum (do you know the land it lays on used to be an artificial lake? The decadence...), by the Emperor Titus, who during his reign, had the volcanic disaster of Pompeii (watched on Discovery Channel), and who lay claim as the namesis for the Arch of Titus in Rome. Only reigned 2 years.

Anyway I digress. The above is just a snippet that I like random information like this, which prob is part of my natural makeup to have random thoughts.

But I find that at least by writing, I articulate something which had ran through my mind in the day, but insignificant enough to make any impact on anything, and somehow that made me feel...hmm..nice?! Probably, as I said, relaxing. Since it's so insignificant..




ps - seriously I am also not sure if anybody reads my blog; since no comments are left, I take it as Nnnooooo..so I will continue to write inconsequential stuff :)