Thursday, September 20, 2007

World Fastest Man

Day 3 after detox - was rubbing my face cos of an itch...and found that the usally big pore area around my nose was unusually smooth..checked when reach home, found that the pore had became smaller..wow..the only rough area now only on the tip of the nose cos that part usually catches the dirt due to the oil secretion, so scrubbed that part away...now all parts of my face is smooth..hahahh~think the next time i start detoxing may be quite soon..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Today had a big surprise when I flipped the papers. A full page advertorial of Asafa Powell. Fastest Man On Earth. and I mean a super big full page advertorial.


Which bring me to mind what happened or was published when he lost the race to Tyson Gay during the World Championship in Osaka . He told the whole world, that he gave up the race when Gay overtook him. Just that split second shake of confidence, a whole race lost.

"Asafa has admitted that he gave up during the World Championships 100m final when he realised he was out of contention. "When Tyson (Gay) came on and gave me a little bit of pressure I just panicked. When I saw I wasn't in gold medal contention, I gave up in the middle of the race. I just stopped running." Asafa has vowed to bounce back and promised to make amends by breaking his own world record before the end of the year. "I didn't get to run fast at these world championships but I am going to bounce right back," he said. "I am going out there and I am going to give a world record."

But what was amazing was that he bounced back, and broke another world record during the IAAF Grand Prix,Reiti Italy. And won again in the Golden League in Brussel.


The Dash for glory





Tyson Gay pulled out from, citing fatigue....hmmm....there was another suggested reason, for those interested can visit the post in the website posted on 11 Sep 07.


"World Championship Gold medallist Tyson Gay has pulled out of Friday's Golden League meeting in Brussels, event organisers said on Tuesday. Gay, who won the 100m, 200m and sprint relay in Osaka, has not fully recovered from the World Championships, organisers said in a statement on their website."Tyson Gay has everything to lose and nothing to gain," event organiser Wilfried Meert said. 'He has not fully recovered physically or mentally after his busy programme at the world championships." Gay could also not be persuaded to compete in the 200m against his Osaka rivals Usain Bolt and Wallace Spearmon."



It's amazing how human emotions run high in sports, when personal and country glory are at stake. Which is why sports always appeal to the raw instinct of men in proving their might and claiming rights as superior beings.

2 comments:

audupord said...

just curious - which paper had the full page advert...

best,

e

Sunshine23 said...

yeah.. pores smaller smaller..skin smoother smoother..= )

Asafa Powell:
19Sep07 Straits Times, final page