Monday, September 3, 2007

WineTasting~

Sat started laconic-cally (if there is ever such a word)..



M came to my place to do facial creamy massage, which I had not done since a few months back, but heng...the "feel" is still there. Really should hv more practise..heh...


Then it was rushing off for a nutrition talk on 如何强化体质。It was a really good session, where it talks about how the body,being slightly alkaline to start with, becoming more acidic when we eat all the junk, do all the silly stuff (stress, becoming angry, stay up late..blah blah..u name it its prob one of the reasons). An acidic body becomes less efficient, more lethargic, and reseach has shown that 85% of cancer patients belongs to the acidic type??!

Really thinker for thoughts...


But the sad part came when I realised that I didn't bring my phone!!! God..the horrific feeling that I am cut off from the rest of the world. And also mostly cos W had arranged for a winetasting session at Lam Soon Building later that day, which I was supposed to go straight after the talk. Which means I will be late cos I hv to go home and grab it..d*&^

Anyway when I finally reached Lam Soon Builidng, so embarassing when I found that everybody was waiting for me at the long table when I turned up..oh well...fashionably late with an impressive entrance ;p




So anyway, I ended up sitting next to the Director for the wine company Mr Toh who brought us through the bottles of wine, who gave a personal briefing to me on the 3 steps on wine tasting. And then the adventure starts :D



If I am not wrong, this was the first bottle, a Schloss Vollrad 05 Riesling Edition. And if I dont remember wrongly, Mr Toh was telling us that the interesting thing about this wineyard is that everybody - from the director to the clearer , about 40 of them - have a vote on the blend of grapes that they like best, that the winner with the most vote will become the EDITION.

Wow..democracy to the last drop (hmm..not a very good pun..but well..)

And of the course, the purpose of this photograph is to show the plate of nice sausages that goes with the wine. I used to think that these are just nice little finger food..you know..that goes well with wine and makes you look good as you sip wine and nibble a lil... But Mr Toh explained that different meat will actually help to change the taste of the wine. Let the protein coat the tongue after the first sip, and then sip again.

Pretty sceptical at first..but the result was amazing after I tried the 3rd bottle with the duck liver. The taste of the Contesa changed dramatically and it mellowed. After that even when I taste the sausauge again, the taste of the meat actually becomes sweeter...?!

Anyway somewhere before the shiraz, Mr Toh brought out a bottle of Aulese. CK bought this bottle to Sox's place before..and I thought it was only so so. "Try it," Mr Toh said, " I have never served this to any lady who doesn't like it. " So I did the 3 steps. The first whiff was heavenly..it smell like something that I would like to spray onto myself.muahahhaah! But the taste was equally wonderful. Not as sweet as the spatlese, but with the hint of reserved sweetness and a balanced bouquet taste..like drinking perfume! I fell in love with it so much that I kept smelling the wine glass after tt :p

This photo is to show the long table.Hmmm...cant really see though.





This is from the last bottle of red..cant remember what is it though...cos...well..u know...after 4 glasses of nice wine....











So ended up with 2 bottles - Edition and the Aulese (my drinking perfume!) . And straight away opened the Edition at Angie's birthday today. And..and..and..anticipating the day when I'll open my Aulese :)










2 comments:

cheerio said...

Open the Aulese when we next meet up! wuhahahhaha

MojitoMint said...

Ya man! Somemore I finish my detox liao, can start drinking! Woohoo!