Friday, December 12, 2008

Off to Seremban!

As my debut appearance (cameo?) as manager for the U21 team. I have been told I can finally put my fiery disposition to good use. Hmmm..

It has been quite a madness 4 days, especially the last 2. I must say..whatever the experience, it has made me thankful for what the many managers had done in the past - Xiuhua, Wanzhen, and heck..even Ruby. So many things happening in the background just so the players can just focus on the games.

But I wonder..things were so much straightforward and more well planned last time. Somehow "stretching the dollar" is real important now, and I have to be always on my toes for last minute changes and happenings (one of which resulted in me having to travel alone tomorrow ahead of the rest of the team..Yeah..what an adventure.). And..I probably have to draw out the "appropriate management skills" (still fresh from Bintan), to appeal to 19 juvenile girls to exercise their common sense. Things like "lights out at 11pm" will prob be the top of my list to do every night, after I saw how it drew many exasperated expressions during the admin brief..

Ok I exaggerate. Maybe half of them will be sensible enough..the rest..are just happy go lucky.

I guess I have to bring out the devil-with-pitchfork attitude, and probably try to stretch the morning grumpiness through the day.

I hope I can come back with my sanity in one piece.

No comments: