Thursday, December 18, 2008

JAC Day 7

Rest day..although was being kept on the toes depending on the outcome of the India v Chinese Taipei score. Looking at how Korea played us yesterday, we were wondering if the Indian team is going to also pull back on their attacking, so long as they secure a win. The plan was to do some pitch training from 6pm to 7pm should we go into penalty playoffs, so all the playing gears were brought down to the pitch as well.

Thankfully for us, they crossed the 8-0 mark 20 mins before the end of the game, before finishing at 10-0. (Ok, I feel sorry for the Chinese Taipei team too..having to play at 4pm under the hot sun and have to struggle for their last game too). Btw, when I got the news of the 8-0 score, I was actually on the way back to the stadium from the hotel..cos of some blur idiot who forgot to bring the hockey balls and I had to go back during half time so that I can make it in time for the pitch training. In the end, the girls who was supposed to be taking charge of the balls paid for ice cream for the whole team :p

So we are going to meet Pakistan on Sat morning at 8.30am (which means that the team has to wake up by 5.30 to start eat..which also meant that I have to wake up at 5.15 to get ready for them to come to my room to take the food), and since the classification match on the last day is going to be either at 8am or 8.30am..that would mean that for the remainder of the days of this tournament, I will be waking up at 5 am thereabout everyday.

Oh dear...

No comments: