Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Brown Sugar - Sweet!

Today was a dreary day - I was reconciling two lists. It was ok until towards the end of the afternoon when I couldnt match the numbers..which is a hair tearing experience when the difference was only by one ;(

But it ended on a high note by dinner :))

Supposed to meet er..ex-collegue(?!)CY for dinner but both of us couldn't think of where to eat, so we agreed to see where our craving takes us.

But since my head was swirling with numbers, by afternoon, I could only offer a lame choice of NYDC (which I wasn't particularly keen on either but it was in town anyway).

But being the foodie that he is (I told him over dinner that I realised his living priciple may just be "never waste calories on bad food), CY suggested this new place that he has heard of - Brown Sugar at Stardus.

The name appealed to me immediately - imagine cameralised brown sugar, warm and comforting. MMmm...

When the website stated reservations recommended, I was a bit sceptical. Stardus was quite obscure in F&B terms, and I had not read about this eatery. I even missed the door to the restaurant thinking it was the glass door to some management office or something. But when we walked into the joint, I found out that it was indeed wise to call in advance. Cos the place had only about 18 2-seating tables and the place was fully occupied just now with about 7 groups of people (including us).

Anyway though there was no cameralised brown sugar, dinner was good! I'll wait for the foodie to describe the food. But I can only say it's worth the calories - desserts are a must try!! My molton chocolate was really good..(drooling thinking about it now...heh~)

Along one side of the restaurant walls was a blackboard, with the lunch sets and daily main course specials written. The lunch set sounds like a deal, with about 5 choices for starter/main/dessert at $27+++ for the 3 course lunch. And then there was the sunday brunch from 10am to 4pm (yummy..but the waitress forgot to show me the brunch menu and I totally forgot to ask her again when I was so caught up talking about CY's brush with gayness at cali fitness..muahahah~)

And yes, I ran this morning.Only 3km so that's prob negated by the dinner. But totally not wasted :p (both the run and dinner)

Another free lunch tmr..mad jack

Hmmm...aussie fare - read fried, fatty, meaty (rings a bell)..not sure whether if the calories are worthed it though..and I was still thinking about losing weight for the diving trip this weekend. I think I can forget about it. =.="

3 comments:

cy said...

hahah! i just finished my critique and review of the place and saw that you had updated your blog too!it isn't very nice to openly declare my possible homosexuality tendencies okay. and i'm straighttttt.

don't worry, as long as you live and endorse my kind of diet whereby no calories are wasted, i'm sure you'll be just fine. actually you are svelte-looking right now, so your concerns are absolutely uncalled for.

p.s: don't drool after checking out my blog!

MojitoMint said...

yes..i know that you are straight..which was why it was limited to being a "brush" only :p

anyway I realised that I couldn't post a link to your blog. Mind sharing your food critique on mine? (ie I copy and paste..)

cy said...

haha yeah sure, go ahead. afraid of infringement rights is it? hahaha