Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Detour to Work

" Send me to work tomorrow, can?" My brother asked during a dinner to celebrate his birthday.

I think I must be mad to agree. His workplace is in CBD, which was totally not along the way from home to my workplace at Novena.

Maybe the sisterly feeling was surging during the little (not!) brother's birthday, but I agreed to skip breakfast, leave home half and hour earlier and brave ERP and likely morning traffic jam to send him to work.

But in the end the traffic was good. And since I was already in CBD (and already paid ERP) I decided to take a more scenic route to work since there was still time. So I decided to cut through Robinson Road instead of boring CTE..and found myself stuck with all the drivers heading to work

-.-"

So to make my time worthwhile (on top of daydreaming), I took photos from the driver's seat (of course when the car wasn't moving!!)



I look like I'm in Gotham City if you just look on the right side of the photograph
(See the cars?!)








It looks like a wet and gloomy day ahead









I wonder what this building was used for in colonial times. Would the people occupying the building that time imagine that it would ever be surrounded by such tall buildings and hustle and bustle?







I remember walking rounds and rounds on the exterior of this building during one of the security events.







Half of the durian. It looks like a bug with its head perching on the railing, waiting to pounce on a delicious looking car + driver...........








My first office for my first job - level 10 in "the thumb" of the "5 fingers"








one of the more interesting architecture and iconic builidng around








I always like the sculpture outside this shop









Ah pek on bicycle is faster....







And viola..I reach office already!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wah SO NICE OF YOUR!!!!!!!