Sunday, June 29, 2008

My cheesecake baking session

Woke up especially early given how late I slept last night after LOTR on TV.

Everybody was out by the time I woke up. Was rummaging through the fridge when I saw the block of Philly cheese which I bought a while back..and remembered that I wanted to try the Jap Cheese cake recipe. And that was about at least 1 month back..or more than that?!


So since there weren't anything today..I decided to stay home, be a good girl, and bake meself a cheese cake :))


But I was out of milk and caster sugar, so it was to the nearby central to grab them. So full of the sunday family crowd. When suddenly at a turn I saw that someone was clearly enjoying a little snoozie in the midst of the hussle and bustle..




A picture of calm : the neko who is oblivious to the throngs of people walking around him No..he's not playing dead..which was what I thought initially..










Anyway it was grab-and-run. It's so hot and humid out there today!



Getting all set up










When baking alone, I hate to measure as I go..so I usually measure everything first and then just throw everything into the mixing bowl.







The weather was so darn hot..and I found this chilled. Went down very well as I was mixing :))












The recipe called for lemon juice..but I decided to use Active8 Lime which worked just as good in the last cheese cake I baked.












Beating the egg white... The last cheese cake, which is the traditional cheese cake, didn't require me to separate the egg yolks from the whites.











And finally, ready to bake!












TADA!! The final product!
(minus 3 slices eaten by me and my sister..heh~)
Though the cake didn't rise as much as I wanted it to, cos Japanese cheese cake supposed to be light and fluffy. But think I didn't do the egg white part properly, so the cake sank a bit after I turned off the fire. However,review has been 100% good! (out of 3 reviewers..including myself of course)
成功!:D














2 comments:

Becky said...

Can you attempt strawberry shortcake? Hee... that's my favourite. Lots of cream please.

cy said...

oh noes, <3 cheesecake, loves real good especially at this kind of timing. ughhh