Monday, June 16, 2008

Lumix- my new digi cam

Meet my new cammie :))











Asked my bro to check out the digi cams at the PC show while I was underwater in Tioman. I think this was a task that he would prob gladly do since he get to search for great bargain with all the techie specs and stuff, and yet he wasn't blowing his own money. I think he was more excited than me when he bought it that he sms-ed me past 12 midnight just to tell me that he got the cam (I just got to sleep not more than hour after a full day of diving when the sms came =.=")

Anyway was looking forward to getting my hands on the cammie after reaching home last night - and was overwhelmed when my brother brought a big paper bag of camera/cable/SD cards/cam cleaning kit/spare batt/CD ROMs....

I was only expecting the cam. Guess that's is why techies love the PC show (a colleague was just sharing her experience at the PC show - she was pulled along by the husband while she was more concerned not to be squashed by the throngs of people, and all the posters, with the different specs and promotions appeared like Greek to her. I totally can imagine how she must have felt.)

Since I was drop dead tired, I decided to leave the exploring to sometime later. Which happened to be today since I had to try the cam within this week before the offer to exchange faulty products one-for-one expires by this week.

Again, I was only expecting a digi cam - not a cam which is smarter than me?! I was totally lost reading the operating instructions, like there are 10 over scene modes and more than 50 ways of configuring the cam!!!

Great.so much for the advertised point and shoot. But before I sound like some dumb bimbo who cant read the manual, I'm just fuss-free, not brain less not to be able to understand the manual. But since there are so much functions, I might as well know what the cam can do. Neh mind.. the cam is still chio, it's now a matter of the owner maximising its potential :p

And so, it's bye bye my trusted sony-ericsson phone cam. Kinda sad though, as most of the photos from almost all my earlier blogs were from the phone cam. Nothing beats its mobility and the ability to shoot whenever called for.

No comments: