Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fishy Therapy

It's the season...of the peeling feet and hands.



It seems that there would a time of the year when the hands and soles start to shed skin (pls dont tell me that I am the only skin-shedding human around..?!). Anyway, it is getting a bit disgusting that I was contemplating to go for a pedi and trim away all the dead skin..when I remembered reading about some fishes that eat dead skins. Did a bit of googling and surfing, and thinking that it should be a fun experience, jio-ed another adventurous soul to try out the fishes at Kenko.









To Kenko To Kenko,

To Feed the Fishes





Nice setup! Was starting to relax..










Until I see the fishes. They swarm towards us the moment we lean over the pool to have a look. I think they know their dinner has arrived :s







We cleaned our feet and legs (up to the knees) with some 果酸wash..and popped our legs into the pool!


At first, we chose a pool with slightly bigger fishes



Then I couldn't take the ngiao-ness when all the fishes started nibbling!
(wow..I can still see my shin guard tan lines..)


Btw, the fishes were congregating below my feet waiting for them to be lowered into the water again...




The fishes really SWARMED your legs and you can feel the millions of nibble nibble. They have no teeth, but still was damn ticklish!!! And it's quite scary the way they hover and wait..





These were how big the fishes were.







So I decided to pop over to the other pool where the fishes are smaller...and hence..less ngiao, whereas my friend was quite satisfied with the bigger fishes.



Feeding time!



































It was quite comfortable after a while..once you get over the ant-sy feeling. And I started to relax..and watch the fishes going about their business :)) Now I know why people like to look at fishes..really quite hypnotising and relaxing.



















Close up. The fishes even got in between the toes for you.











"nibblenibblenibblenibble..yumyumyumyum..lots of dead skins! This person hasn't scrub her legs for damn long!"
"yeah lor. but good for us! hehe..."

"yayyayyayyay..tonight no need supper liao!"




That above leg does't belong to me..muahahah! My friend decided to join me at the smaller-fishes pool and then all the fishes decided that her legs were tastier! :p
Leaving me with these few cronies. hahahaha~
When I reach home, I realised that I can really feel my feetpads again! Feet really feel quite soft, without that layer of dead skin.
Maybe if I ever do keep a tankful of fishes at home..heh~

2 comments:

Becky said...

You should check if the fishes are dead this morning! Either from overeating or food poisoning! Sounds like fun - Been wanting to do it but I chicken out!

MojitoMint said...

I think more they were likely to die from starvation, given the lack of food-providers (patrons) at the joint.

You should try it! Can still feel my "baby-soft" feet this morning :p