Friday, November 16, 2007

Scents

The nice part about long drive home after a long day is blasting the radio when a good song comes on -today it was Radiohead's "High and Dry". Didn't want to take down Southern Sons yet, so next time ;)

Have been noticing smells a bit, especially the perfume people wear. Whenever someone walks past I actually sense a tinge of what the person is wearing for that day. That was once I had involuntarily breathed in the air and held it (it was nice smelling by the way)..subconsiously until I was wondering why do I feel out of breath?!Nice smell draws me :p

Somehow, have always been linking smells with memories of persons (I'm thinking of specific people as I am listing them out):-

Lavender baby powder

Normal baby powder

Dove showergel

Davidoff Coolwater

Malboro Menthol Light

Some spicy-smelling perfume

Car perfume (the cheapo kind)

Some chinese medicated oil (that is warm smelling and all comforting)

Certain smells are so distinct that I will be able to remember the person, the events and emotions connected with the smell. For one, the smell of lavender baby powder will immediately bring me back to Aug last year, when it was associated with stroke and death. Which is why I still cringe whenever anyone dosed with the same powder walk past, even when one full year had gone by.

Though realised that a lot of other people don't bother to dab anything for work, but I'm fine with that. But it's always quite frustrating and annoying when something don't smell good comes near you and you are forced to stay in close proximity. And I am not complaining about those who can't help it but sweat, eg manual workers - more those who cant be bothered to make it an effort to wash up. Why punish me for your laziness? :s

Which reminds me, got to get new peach air freshener for my car..make Macy smell like new again, and better rides home!~

No comments: