Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Friendly with Ex-nationals

Sometimes I donno whether it is a good idea to pit yourself against a team preparing to go SEA Games when

(i) you hasn't got the fitness to even be confident enough to clinch gold for IPPT 2.4km
(ii)you hasn't done much of a lunge tackle for 2 months at least
(iii) worst of all you are "relegated" to playing midfield when you have been playing wing-backs all your life.
(iv) you are playing with some people who are not from your team (hmm..didn't really apply to me though. My front, right, back were all my comrades! :) So no excuses..darn!)
(v) one of your team mates jokingly call yourselves the "has beens" and you agree..to a very large extent :p

I am feeling the after effect now :s my gluts are twitching again from the unfamiliar posture of lunging. but at least legs dont feel heavy. Unift yes, sluggish..hmm..surprisingly no. But donno whether can handle heels for the next few days..

Of course, I think it is good that the other side has a "weak" team to practise their tactics, but I think we gave the them a pretty good run in some way :p (actually I was counting the counter-attacks and the times we manage to breach their defence or stop their passes..and we didn't even train..no?!hahah~cheap thrill!)

7th day of detox. Another 7 days to go! Woohoo~

No comments: