Saturday, November 10, 2007

First run at Pandan Reservoir

Procrastinated long enough.

After a lousy nap, still dont feel charged up. Remembered someone told me about "releasing negative energy while dancing at zouk"..hmm...while I was wondering if it is really about releasing negative energy or releasing endorphine, I decided that it's time to get some endorphine treatment myself.

Had been wanting to try running at Pandan Reservoir for a while. It looked huge. After many times of circling it at weird hours of the days for the past year, I finally stepped onto the pebbled tracks and started running. And realised that it is HUGE-R than it looked......*&^&%$ with all the curves and hidden nooks that was hidden from view at the starting point.

Instead of the usual 3 step-one-breath, I had to make do with taking one breath for every 2 steps..Run..run..breath....run ..run...breath...run run...breath.....breath some more...bleh... The wind blowing against didn't help. I always thought that runners always start left, but then I realised why so many people were running the anti-clockwise direction.

:/

Sigh..that's for not following up for maintanence after the last game more than 1 month. Paying penance as I was wondering to myself why at the 2.5km mark it had felt like forever. Thinking that by the time the league starts again in prob 4 more months I will have a lot of catching up to do.

By the time I was done at 5km, I felt that my legs were jelli-ed (jialat....and I was supposed to do like 4 times more the distance in 3 weeks time..I am so going to die..)

Passed by some weekend joggers, but majority were the workers from the nearby dormitary out to catch some fresh air. At one side of the hidden nook, I saw the water activity center which I saw the sign from the main road once. Someone was rowing in the waters, which kind of make a nice picture.Wondering if the next time if I will be able to carry my phone and run together to take picture..(think better dont, I might just drop it into the reservoir or something :p)

But at least I felt the endorphine was doing its job :) just that again my legs are going to protest for the next few days...bleh.

No comments: