Sunday, November 25, 2007

Grocery Shopping Quickie Therapy

Woke up with headache and feverish. &^%* What a way to end the weekend. Couldn't even go jogging as planned.



But it was a fruitful weekend! Went prom-dress shopping with mum and sis (for my sis.. not me!) and after that it was rushing to aunt's place for cookout. Did 3 dishes in record time. With my 招牌菜-原味鸡, it was a sellout! Baked a butter cake as well, and it was a success given that it was the first time I tried doing it. I am discovering the Martha Stewart in me yet :p


After that it was going to “美美的地方”for late night coffee/tea. It was really a sanctuary, given the wide space and high ceiling. Always the best place to hang out and chat, dont have to squeeze with the everybody else at coffee joints and having to shout to be heard.


Anyway I figured it was cos I forgot to bring water out..which was why I was super dehydrated by the time I was home. Which also explained why the condition this morning ..argh..


So it was sleeping and drinking (water of course), sleeping and drinking, sleeping and drinking..until I woke up at 6 plus and decided that was it.


Looking back it sounded like heaven with all the sleeping, but I wished it hadnt been while I was feeling under the weather :/


Anyway washed up, grabbed some dinner and watched some TV. After that decided to head out and buy some "rabbit food". So headed towards the most happening place in rural west, which was packed with people (but of course, most happening already mah..). Just remembered that I had wanted to check out Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album for a while already. So made a detour to the CD joint.


I think people usually buy the album for probably only one song? Which was what I did - "Tears dry on their own". But I like some of the others as well.

But this girl's pretty screwed up with all the powder (and I dont mind her compact powder)..and the husband is like ..urgh...what a pity

So after that it was back to original plan. Went to NTUC and was wondering if I still want to do the same salad stuff, and decided to do something different. White button mushrooms, abalone mushrooms, plum tomatoes,oohh..my favourite butterhead lettuce..lemon..hmmm..no more cucumber. no, I dont want zuchinni..they really have quite little selection when it comes to lettuce :s

Went home and stir-fried the mushrooms with salt and pepper (hmm..should have bought oregano) in extra virgin olive oil. And viola..my sandwich filling/salad topping for the next few days! Guess it will go great with grilled cheese?

Even grocery shopping gives me the retail therapy good vibes..but headache still wont go away! argh!

No comments: