Thursday, November 8, 2007

Deepavali potluck

I was doing the 咸鱼翻身术this morning. Didn't get to sleep much last night, which I suspect could be the rose bud tea. Cos the moment I hit my pillow, I can sense the caffein wakefulness kicking in...but ROSE BUD TEA?! I didn't know rose bud has caffein?!?!The morning rain didn't help as well.

Darn. But I need to get the chicken for the potluck! So springboard-ed out of bed..and drove to the market further from my house, instead of the nearer one, cos I want to try my luck in getting freshly grated coconut (I cant believe it, the used-to-be ubiquitous grating machines that stands outside most grocery stores are so rare now..had to travel to specific market to find)

Anyway it has been real long since I had been to a wet market. I can only remember the time I was there with my mum when I was in like kindergarten or was it primary school?! But with all the freezers they really look different..but I also find that the wet market is less crowded then I remember..either it's cos it's a sat morning since a lot of people may do shopping only on sun morning, or the chain supermarkets are taking over majority of the pie these days.






Hmm...tough choice..




Had a few misses for the grated coconut though..asked a few stall owners but no luck, until the auntie who sold me rock sugar directed me to the stall, which was only a few stalls away from the 1st auntie at the fruit stall whom I asked -.-"

So anway it was preparation time after going home...



Steam and mesh..meshing is tiring ;(








原味鸡and thai-style pumpkin kueh








Steamsteamsteamsteamsteam....








Anyway the eventual outcome..taadaaaa~ My products with all their friends at the potluck table :)

Realised that whenever I am tired I am lazy to take photos..Seletar is a really nice neighbourhood..but the journey there made me do a double take if I am in our neighbouring country. And of course, nice place for people to rear the largest dogs on earth, like my friend's neighbour..got dogs for horses :/


Ok, you cant really see how big the dogs were, but they were HUGE!
But too bad, part of the estate got to move by end of next year, to make way for a Seletar Airport runway. Are we developing so fast that functionality is all we are thinking about?

No comments: