Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I am very perturbed. My Windows live updates and MSN show that I have 42 emails in my hotmail in box. But the problem is everytime when I try to hit the hotmail website, the page hangs like there's not tomorrow.

Thought at first that
(i) all the junk application that I have been downloading is slowing down the whole system - so I spent half an hour uninstall many application (including maple story which I have given up hope in continuing the quest) (yes..maple story..I play kawaii kiddish games sometimes.)

(ii) my lappie is going to crash again aka replay heartbreak of 2002.

But when I tried the other websites, they were running fine! Am I the only one that hotmail is refusing to serve now?!

Anyway main thing is that I came across this forum post on civil service. Really like the writer's sarcasm and thought it would have applied anywhere else even in the private sector. Posted the url to my hotmail account, but cant retrieve now -.-"

Too bad, cant share.

So ended up surfing around and came across one product website (shall not name which one), and I was quite perturbed. Smart consumers will always verify, verify and verify. But if a website, being the front of the product and company to the world, does not even state where is the origin of ingredients, location of manufacture..I have a lot of question marks left unanswered.

Anyway was on the train of thought that being a smart consumer is never easy (you need to understand the ingredients, compare prices, compare opportunity cost, compare the effort spend getting the stuff??)..was mucking around wikipedia and ended up wiki-ing "consumerism"

"Consumerism is the equating of personal happiness with the purchasing of material possessions and consumption"

I know I'm sure am happy whenever I go shopping :p

"SHALLOW!"

I know, but of course that will rank after reading a good book by the beach anytime.

No comments: