Sunday, July 19, 2009

Serene and Abel's wedding

It was a beautiful wedding. Long time friend Serene married her beau of 3 years yesterday. It was real beautiful cos:-

(i) She got married away with a beautiful church ceremony (one of the young hockey girls shed more than a tear I heard);

(ii) Her dinner venue was a clear see through tentage under the night sky, with chandeliers, wine, good music and good food (buffet though).

I didn't take manage to take any photographs (I should have!), cos I was the mandarin emcee, and I was simply too full of nerves to remember to bring my camera. I was just glad that I hadn't mis-pronounced the groom's father's name (it was 沈春才. Go figure) or trip over any words, with the pro beside me (my English emcee was a newscaster..OMG...).

But really, it was beautiful cos of how the whole wedding took place. The whole wedding was organised and run by the groom and bride's friends, from the events planning, wedding shots, videos, purchase of wedding favours, to the setup of both the church and dinner. Up to the last minute, both sides of friends were still running around making things happen. Yet, during the wedding, you can see the friends were genuinely enjoying themselves at the matrimonial event of their good friends the couple, drinking, laughing and basically making merry.

Serene and Abel are really two special persons, touching their friends many different ways. Serene has been a good friend and team mate through all the time I knew her from JC, playing in the same team for all these years. Other than seeing first hand how she had always been there for any one in trouble or feeling down, knowing her character, I can imagine how she had brought joy and good companionship to her colleauges and other friends. Abel, going by what his best men said and how his friends rallied around him for the wedding, must be quite a good guy despite having the tough-as-a-beng appearance.

I should have taken photographs..but being on stage, I definitely wouldn't have been able to capture the spirit of the evening - the glow from Serene and Abel as they did their second walk in, preceded by their friends who had shimmied and shashayed into the tentage, followed by the wedded couple, basking in their friends' blessings and bascially, the love for each other.

Oh..what a beautiful wedding!

No comments: