Saturday, July 11, 2009

Me? An addict??


8.30am meeting was such a killer. I was so zomb and my head felt like it was swirling in fog. With another 10 mins to the meeting, I cant function without it! I was devastated when I saw the queue stretched to the entrance of the shop.

WT*&^%%&*..never mind..I can survive this.

After escaping from the super crammed lift car to my office(I never had to squeeze with so many people before! I was so ready to bite off the head of the person who block my way out of the lift when it reached my level), I quickly grabbed paper, doc, pencil, laptop and made a dash to the board room. Big honcho wasn't not there yet, and I can feel the withdrawal symptoms kicking in. I foraged into the annex room but I almost couldn't find what I wanted until my colleague pointed out that it was just on the side of my right hand. My head felt so heavy, I had totally missed it due to tunnel vision. But someone turned off the switch of the appliance..I cant mix the stuff when its cold! Argh...I can feel my eyes throbbing and really to pop out anytime..

Flicked the switch and retreated back unsteadily to my seat, and boss came in with something in his hand (I want that!), left it on the table and kicked off the meeting. My mind kept wandering back to the appliance in the annex and I cant keep my eyes off the thing on the table (the green medusa kept beckoning to me..), until I had to start scribbling notes just to keep myself occupied. Oh my throbbing head..My body was screaming for the antedote and threatened to shut down if I dont feed the addiction soon. I know I need it..more than I realised.

After about half hour, I saw one of my colleague sneaking away and came back with what looked like a styrofoam cup with steam coming out of it; from the corner of my eye, I saw another colleague went the way of the annex, so the coast was clear while the rest of the group debated on, and no one would notice I was missing. I walked away from the table and just when I was outside the annex, I sniffed the aroma and suddenly, "Ding"! the fog lifted and it felt like someone had turned on the light. Salvation!

I was good for the next 3 hours.

After the cup of instant coffee, extra strong cos the whole content of the satchel of Nestle Rich instant coffee powder was mixed in a small styrofoam cup with the water from the electric thermal flask.

That is until the next cuppa in the afternoon...

Talk to me before I have my first cup in the morning?

At your own peril of course.

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

haha.. I seriously think you are an addict now..