Monday, July 20, 2009

Poker Face

Gosh...the song was stuck inside my head since we were at Timbre two Saturdays ago. As a farewell for a colleauge (well, ex-colleauge now), the group of us wanted to go to a place with good food and drinks. We decided on Timbre @ Substation, and we were there on a Saturday, when Goodfellas was playing that night.

It turned out that that (ex) colleaguage was a closet-rocker, which was totally unexpected, given that

(i)during the first week when I was there, he actually instant-message me to tell me that something very minor..when his cubicle was just behind mine (I'm sure I had blogged about it before)
(ii) policy people tend to be a bit on the straight and boring side..no? (oh..maybe that's why he's leaving. Hah~)

How do we know he's a closet rocker? He actually asked if anybody going for the Mr Big concert next month. I was like..Mr Big?? That's so "rock"! And OLD!! To think I was the only one at the table other than him who owned up that I knew who MR Big was :/

Well, befitting the occasion and the subject (the farewell-boy), Goodfellas were churning out great rock songs. Too bad their set started only at 10.30pm, and by 12 mn, we were too drunk / tired to stay for their second set. But anyway, they did a cover of Lady Gaga's Poker Face, which was delivered smooth with a bit of blues, totally different from the original.

Anyway, what's to do after two weeks when the song doesn't leave your head? GO GET THE CD! Which was what I did :D With another 2 CDs thrown in (well..I did wanted to get Taylor Swift a few months ago and I was looking for the longest time for Emi Fujita's album where she did the cover for "Fields of Gold"!)

Anyway I couldn't find a good representation of what I heard at Timbre that night, but I kinda like Daughtry's version. I think I want to go Timbre again on one of the Sat!


No comments: