Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My first car

I was driving home as I was recounting the things I need to do on Friday and Sat..

Fri..

(i) I really need to get my a** to the 2 banks - but I need my mum at the 2nd bank, but better to hit the first bank early morning before the crowd start milling in..but mum only can make it late morning or afternoon..

(ii) I need to check out those tyres before I get my new car on Sat..both the one at Bt Batok and the other one at AMK..

(iii) I want to go Giodano Ladies sales..

(iv) I need to go back office..&^%$..

(v) I got to go hockey training at night.

now..how to plan the most logical route..so dont waste petrol.

But no worries, cos today just pumped full tank in the morning.

Aiya, donno whether too much petrol will be left by the time I hand over the car on sat when I collect the Mazda 2..

....

OH.

....

I AM HANDING OVER MACY OVER ON SAT MORNING!!


Suddenly I was hit by a pang of sadness.

My first car.

Which I collected nearly 5 years back. My first automobile after my first owned bike (which together, the bike and I both survived through that spectecular skidding incident on AYE. That is another story on its own). Somehow the name "Macy" stuck with the car though it started off as joke between me and my then boyfriend. Hmm..me really. The then boyfriend didn't appreciate the joke too much. Which was probably why we weren't together anymore :/

Somehow, it is really quite silly to attach so much emotion to a non-living thing, but thinking what this car has seen for the past 4 plus years with me, I would say she has seen quite a bit of me at my various moods and people I was with. I must say, I havent treated Macy very well for these 5 years, but I can imagine that she is always rearing and ready to go for all these times.

I guess everybody will always remember their first car somewhat..no matter what kind of cars they continue to drive next time.

2 comments:

Sunshine23 said...

Wah, must take picture of your new car and show ok. So are you going to name your Mazda 2?? = )

MojitoMint said...

hmm..still thinking..