Thursday, January 15, 2009

My days from establishment is about to start..

This week is a week for the "need-to-dos".

I was just telling my dinner companion that it's not a good sign that I was restless during the 3 days workshop I had to attend, the last being today. It could be
  • the flu-ey-ness (and still flu-ey..),
  • the pre and first days of the auntie's visit,
  • the fact that the sessions were indeed too long to sit and listen attentively.

Whatever it was, I was just hoping that it didn't arise from being anti-establishment. I was never the rebel, but I can feel something rising up..maybe it's easier to put it down to PMS.

.

.

.

.

.

I have got 8 books waiting for me to read

4 from the National Library. I'm always amazed by the fact that I can find books that drew my attention, everytime I check the shelf. Though I have less discipline to finish them before the due date nowadays compared to last time. So from the National Lib I got

Triple by Ken Follet ( I was trying to see if I can find the sequel to Pillars of the Earth), Someone like You by Roald Dahl (how can someone of such morbid mind also write stuff like BFG and Mathilda?!), Gaiman's Neverwhere and 尤今小说选 (yes, I had to check her out. Some obscure shelves under Singapore Selection, Mandarin Section)

3 from Harris, all on 50% off. I told myself that I was only going to browse when I found myself gravitating towards the big "50% OFF" signages..oh well....I ended up leaving the shop with ..

Margaret Atwood's Penelopiad (I expect another depressing read similar to The Hand-maid, made me almost think twice about being a woman in the next life time), Gaiman's Anansi Boys, Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother (I like the last one I read from Haddon 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time', going to see how this one turns out)

1 from Bookmooch. The Piano by Jane Campion. Mooched on a whim. I love the fact that I can recycle my books so they dont take up my shelf space and collect dust..cos there are already enough stuff in my room collecting them. Dust I mean.

As you can see, I got big plans for the upcoming days. And I am quite looking forward to getting my fingers ink-smudged :p

.

.

.

.

.

People have been asking me where am I travelling to..in this period of away from establishment. The trip to Indon aside (that is only happening in Feb), I am indeed planning to travel...

Within Singapore that is.

It came to my mind last month, what I would do if I would have so much time on my hands. I started thinking about places I have heard of, but never been to, in our own island as well. I have some stuff lined up..

I checked out STB's website (I mean, they are supposed to be the best guides right?)..but I guess I may be better off skimming places that comes to my mind..and of course my cube neighbour contributed a few funky ideas :D

Now it waits to be seen if those plans will be put into action..

.

.

.

.

.

Btw, I drove past Cathay (the one next to Plaza Sing) last night, it was so pretty at night! I didn't get a good shot though..

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

Oh, Neverwhere is a FANTASTIC book! I got hooked on it when I was in Sydney. didn't manage to finish it in time.. am planning to get that as well.. keke