Saturday, November 8, 2008

The rudest driver I have ever came across

I had the most unpleasant encounter which was the nearest that I wished I could just walk up to the car and let my creativity flow with the car key.

Location : Suntec Carpark B1 (the Carrefour block)
Time : 11.30am

I hadn't expect it to be easy to find a parking lot. So it was a cursory round before I ended up at the entrance where I had came in. Decided to try my luck at the other corner, ie, if I had entered the carpark, I would have turned left immediately.

It was a tight corner as there were designated parallel lots on the left, with the usual reverse lots on the right. As I turned the corner, a couple was just getting into their car parked on the right, 4th from the start of the row. So I moved slightly front, and switched on my hazard light, cos there was no way to wait at the corner, which I would probably blocked the whole traffic. At least where I was waiting from, oncoming cars could still be able to drive past before I get the chance to park.

The car took a while to move off, which is about like 30 seconds, but no other oncoming car. After 30 seconds, the car inched forward turning out of its lot cos remember -it was really quite tight with the row of parallel parked vehicles in front of it. So I waited.

Just as the car made its way clear out of the lot, to my utter disgust I saw a yellow Honda jazz turned the corner and without any hesitation drove head-in into the lot! I horned but the driver was clearly oblivious. I was deliberating whether to confront the driver or to just leave, but I just cant stand the fact that it was damn obvious that I was waiting for the lot and the driver was damn rude to have done what he did. So I reversed to the Honda, where this 50-plus man stepped out of the car with his teenage son.

"Hey, I was waiting for this lot!" I said.

"No what, I thought u were waiting for other lots in front"

Hello???!!! If I had would my car had been stationary with hazard light on?

"No, it was obvious that I was waiting for this lot!" I replied

"If you are you should have waited before the lot what". Then he used his index finger and tapped his temple 3 times, and walked off nonchanlantly.

"F&^%&* idiot! " I shouted after him and drove off.

ARGHHGHGHHGHGHG! WTF! He had the audacity to behave so smugly about the fact that he outwitted another person for a parking lot!

Freaking hell. I wouldn't been as angry if he

(i) had really didn't see me waiting (which, it was obvious he did. Come on, if I can see his audacious act of driving into my lot through my rear view mirror, he would been able to see me waiting in front, and in seeing me waiting, went in head first so I had no chance to contest for the lot)
(ii) apologised

No, I did not deploy my creativity streak cos no point commiting crime for an idiot like this. But I did take a photo of his car and car plate. Was toying with the idea of sending it STOMP and whatever other forums of ungracious and totally rude idiot. But then again, no point in flaming this idiot by mindless netizen mob.

Fine example he set for his son. I pity the son for having a father like that cos he wouldn't have any chance of learning civility from the main role model he has in his life.


I hope there is no need to reach the stage, where we need to erect this sign warning people of potential area of road rage, if only all of us practise a little bit of grace and common sense.










ps. Yes, I still think in general men are worse drivers.
Women drivers are in general unsure cos they seldom drive; so yes, some of them do take more time in parking, some of the time they are slow on the roads. You too if you only drive like once a week.
Men drivers - they switch lane without signalling, they squeeze in front of you, forcing you to brake, they tailgate you, they dont ever let you get the chance to cut in from the filter lane -they would even accelerate to cut you off even though you are already running out of road and probably heading to the barrier in about one more nanosecond. Oh yes, some men drivers do also take more time inparking their super big vehicle, sometimes cutting in the lot next to it (which lead me to think that they really should limit their car size to the level of skill they have)and some also do travel at 50km in the middle lane of the expressway for god-knows-what-reason.

How to know? Next time you think the driver in front or beside you is horrible, turn and look. It is more likely to be a man than a woman. I know, cos I have done it. And read the newspaper - how many of the accidents fatalities are male drivers? Nuff said.

No comments: