Sunday, November 16, 2008

Musing beside the pitch

I was at the pitch this afternoon cos the U21 team was having a training match with the U-16 boys. While waiting for the Tuck Lee Ice man to arrive with the ordered packets of ice, was talking to the sports trainer, GM.

GM asked me how long I had played, I replied about 10 years before I stopped training a few years back. Then we started talking about scars, operations, allowances and professional athlethes.

After that, I watched the girls as they battled the guys, and as usual I itched to play. Sometimes I wonder, other than passion, I really dont know what else kept us going - beyond stitches, broken bones, sprains, juggling studies/work, lack of sleep.. Sometimes I wonder if I hadn't pick up hockey on a whim during Sec 1, would I be what I'm like today?


p/s Limin, wishing you a speedy recovery after your ops tmr!

No comments: