Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Musing on a Rainy Day


Was out of office early for an appointment, and headed to Botanical Gardens earlier than usual for weekly run. And it started pouring on the way. By the time I reached, it rained with no respite in sight.




The original intention was to read the truman capote short stories that I threw into my bag, while waiting for my running partner to turn up. The best thing that anybody could possibly do now was to grab a latte, then a chair, and read the book. But I ended up enjoying the best frontview seat to glorious rain more, with this playing in the background.


the girl from impanema - bebel gilberto

Not that you really played attention to the piped in music, cos you would be as absorbed into the rythmic pattering of rain on the roof, the concrete grounds, accompanied by the cacophony of raindrops on leaves and stems of various botony.


Lulled by the soothing sounds, reclining back, inhaling with relish the scent of coffee infused with the fresh smell of new rain after a stuffy humid afternoon.


You cant see it, but I marvelled at the design of some of the planter boxes - overflowing rainwater cascading from alternate planter boxes, forming impromptu mini fountains. It's times like this that I miss my portable phone cam.



I'll always remember that someone told me that water, in whatever forms they come in - lakes, ocean, reservoirs, in the shower- carried with them positive ions, which could help to turn anybody's aura and mood around. That probably explained why I like beaches. Now, I wondered if that theory included rain, especially when they poured in such abundance.


How often do you get to watch, smell and hear the rain? Ah..it's nice.. the little joys in life.

No comments: