Monday, October 27, 2008

2nd attempt at Strawberry shortcake

I finally found wholewheat flour! And it means...another go at the strawberry shortcake!

This time round, I was more careful with the egg whites, which really became stiffer after beating, and held longer too with the cream of tartar.

Cut down on the sugar, more patience folding in the mixture.. Just pop in the mixture to the pot..45 mins to see whether if it'll be better than the first try.

*cross fingers*

---Verdict---

- Cake slightly burnt on the bottom,costing me much effort (and my manicure) to scrub the baking tin before my mum comes home, if not she will nag at me for being not using turning down the fire.But already turn down the fire to the smallest already..man.. I think I used bigger flames to cook maggi mee than to bake the cake lor. Patience.....

- I could have blended the wholemeal flour a bit longer.

- Overall, better than the first round, but not good enough leh. So rabbit..u wait longer ok? :p

1 comment:

Becky said...

Patience is a virtue. Good things in life is normally worth the wait.