Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Gratitude

In the middle of work today, the realisation of 2 events suddenly left me dumbstuck.

That either directly or indirectly that I gotten what I had wished for or wanted, consciously or subconsciously.

I

For  a undoubtedly good news at work that wasn't expected.  It would have been something which I could be looking forward, though it came at a time when I (hope) am just at the cusp of discovering,  that it doesn't really matter in the larger thing called life (which may probably the same reason why I wasn't really looking out for it. I think I have other bigger issues to settle). For all that it is good thing, I think, it is just a flag to mark a journey, but the journey itself need some re-engineering, and definitely some perk-me-ups.

In any case, I am grateful, and I hope that the journey gets nicer sceneries and fellow travelers along the way.

II
For something which I thought would never happen, happened. And I was still lost for words even now. Especially when it also suddenly struck me, the meaning behind the words that were said in those few second.

The cursed old bad habit of driving the caution quotient into overdrive mode kicked in. I am such a wuse. And I think too much.

In any case, I am grateful that it has came to this, just have to turn down the self-defence mechanism some notches down.


Crossing my fingers that my luck holds.











No comments: