Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cleansing Detox Retreat - The Days After



This morning as I was walking to work, I genuinely felt tired, like I had not been on holiday for the lat 11 days. I guess, usually such a long break, I would expect to feel relaxed and chilled out. Instead, I felt  full, like a traveller who had walked a long distance, weary and hungry, but had seen and experienced many sights and sounds, and would remember in times to past. 

Physical wise, the next few days will see me easing into eating again, starting with slowly introducing food type one by one. Yesterday was fruits for the whole day. As of today, I only had vegetable (only one type at any one time), and each "meal" only consisted of about one-third of a bowl of vegetable and I would be full (like I had stuffed myself the buffets). I miss coffee though, and I can't wait to be able to start drinking again. Though after this retreat, I learnt that the body and the emotional state are so intertwined, it is time to start taking better care of this outer shell.

Emotional wise, I felt like a pool of water, with ripples and then waves caused by change in emotions - at least for today. I am not sure how aware I will be as time goes by, but I hope that once there is the awareness created, it would be easier to recognise or be aware of this change in tides and the triggers, or even the lack of awareness for the matter. 

Spiritual wise, I saw the reverence the Balinese had for their gods, seen or unseen. I wonder if this presence of belief and reverence offered had created a perfect environment for healing, harvesting this presence to release any negative energy - for healing, for guidance, for rejuvenation, for nourishment to people to chose to ask for it. Perhaps it is time to look more inward to the light within, and see how it could burns more brightly.

I do fear if I may get lost again in the multitude of distractions, but let's take one step at a time.






No comments: