Monday, May 13, 2013

Cleansing Detox Retreat Day 1 - Listening to the Body

This is a morning of many firsts.

For a start the trivial stuff-

First time, aches in the shoulder and ankle.

Woke up with a stiff right shoulder. Weird*, cos that was the first time that it happened no matter how lousy the bed was. And this went away after I reach Yoga Barn.

At the start of the session the right ankle starts to hurt. Weird*, cos I never had any ankle issue, and it went away on its own just after about 10 mins into the session.

First time I had to drink so much water in one sitting.

As the session went on, we downed mugs and mugs of water - the mallic acid, the bulking and cleansing shake, the coconut juice, the herbal tea..together with the supplements that came with our "goodie bag". Which led to many trips to the loo :/

First time I had a mala

That came with the goodie bag (see above), which was such a beauty ;)

First time a question to the crux

During the chakra session, I was asked a deeply affecting question which I was left dumbstruck and slightly in tears..

And the highlight....

First time I had an enema!! (Akin to an ass-f*** according to a travel mate during the first part of the Bali trip.) and I was so nervous about it that I spilled water everywhere as I was preparing for it . But it was amazing simple to do though I think that I was so paranoid that I will cook the inside of my intestine that I did not put enough hot water and had stomach cramps for a bit..I any case I am not sure if its placebo effect but part of the stomach felt emptied out enough; guess that's cos no solid food had been there for the last 24 hours and I must say it felt pretty light and good.

My angel partner** said that she's going to pass me garlic to try the garlic enema..just gotta try it!

And there goes the end of day 1..

* according to the book on what the body tries to tell both were signals of refusal to change. How about that.
** it sounds damn cliche but the angel partner is there to give you support throughout the week. My angel happens to be this super cool looking lady from Switzerland :)







2 comments:

Becky said...

Babe! Glad you are on a holiday but seriously!!!!! Let me know if it is worth a try.... even for a noisy person like me!!!!

MojitoMint said...

I will let u know by the end of the week! :)