Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cleansing Detox Retreat Day 7 - Coming Full Circle

The last day saw us heading to Tirta Empul - a place still thronging with reverent locals, young and old, who carry their offering and incense, to be purified by the holy water. After that, it was back to The Yoga Barn to break the fast!

A platter of fruits came, which we were told to only pick one type of fruit, given that the stomach need to slowly ease into digesting. We gingerly took a few pieces of fruits each, and waited until everyone had picked up their share, and then we ate!! After 6 days of not eating, the sensations of food entering our mouth, chewing and swallowing were oddly foreign. All of us could only managed a few pieces, given that the stomach had shrunk.

The finale was the healing circle where all of us laid in a circle with our legs radiating out. It was the most emotionally intense session of anything I had in all my life, and it was beyond me to describe it as it was, other than the fact that there was no where that emotions could hide no matter how much you try to suppress it. By the time it was done, nobody could speak for at least a full minute.

With that, the retreat was completed, and we hugged our goodbyes. Susan and myself had pretty emotional farewell hugs as we wished each other all the best and promises to stay in touch to poke each other along in our respective journeys.

Finally when we were walking out, and reached my hotel first, Susan's parting words to me, "You are always so strong; don't be afraid, be weak once in a while". Something in my heart twitched at that moment, as it seemed like the message that was bubbling up the whole week all along.

......

When I saw TS at the airport, I hugged him like I have never hugged anybody before. Felt like a safe landing pad after a soaring journey, and it was time to get grounded again.
























No comments: