Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Google opens new chapter as millions of books go into its online library - Times Online

Google opens new chapter as millions of books go into its online library - Times Online

My first thought was, "oh no..will I ever be able to bring a Kindle to the beach?"

To me, reading seems to be a whole experience - from the cover, the feel of the book in your hand, to the touch of flipping the pages.

Gone will be the days of browsing books by the look of how the spine of THE BOOK stands out amongst rows and shelves of them, all fighting for to catch your eye, to entice you to pick them up with the promise of an exciting adventure.

Of course, it'll then be books on demand (Woot!~). But I know I would surely miss having to hold a book physically in my hand should that day ever come.

No comments: