Sunday, August 2, 2009

When your mood is dark and stormy..

It happens every now and then.

I get a bit overwhelmed with the things happening in life and then suddenly the world is a bleak and miserable place, with crashing waves and I'll feel like I'm struggling to keep afloat, paddling frantically with a misearable piece of buoy, if any.

That's what happened during my weekend. But finally when Mum got home, I got a bit of solace even though my mood was thunderous when I saw her at the airport. Then the mounting waves calmed down a little, but I still felt a bit stormy, when an sms came from an unsuspecting friend to go chill at Wala. I was torn between staying home to rot or go out and face the world. In the end, I believe the sms came for a reason, so I forced myself to get dressed and got out of the house.

Being out was good, cos I was forced not to snivel, and since I had to walk a distance (one can never get a carpark lot at the main HV carpark, unless you wait there for eternity maybe), I couldn't jolly well walk all scourged up, so with my back straightened, I faced the world as I made my way though the revellers before I hit the joint.

The Unxpected was playing, so it was a shoo-ed in for great music and booze. But nothing beats when the song was as dark as the mood I was in.

The Unxpected cover was on Youtube, but you might as well go check out the real thing - it's much better.



Master of puppets - Metallica

No comments: