Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday Brunch

F is back in Sg. What was supposed to be a short stop over for her before returning to London became a one week ordeal of getting documentations done when her serviced apartment in Jkt (Marriot) was burglared in the most absurb manner that I wouldn't have thought would happen in such a reputable hotel.


Anyway we decided to grab brunch yesterday (though I was most reluctant to get up early..yeah! i know i know..bad friend! boo!) since most of last week was quite tied up for me; so I called along C and we decided to hit PS cafe at Palais Renaissance since it was the most convenient for both of them.

But in the end, I was the one who was early :/

It being quite overcast instead of being too sunny, I decided to sit in the open area, overlooking the Thai Embassy. Being early is good as well, since there weren't much people around and it felt really serene and laid back. Brunch is supposed to feel this way :)





I would like to come here one day with a book..





































While waiting for the rest to come.

































I lurve places with high ceilings. It just give that sense of airyness.


































I wouldn't say that the service was good.. In fact, I was quite put off by the fact that the server forgot our water, menu, and my hand was in the air like for a full minute before someone saw us. Yes, the place was busy but busy shou;dn't be an excuse for bad service.

Anyway the place aside, we sat and talked for 3 hours..F is seeing someone now and I'm actually quite glad for her. Hope that things will work out fine this time round, despite the age difference, its not easy to stay alone so far away.

Sometimes fate works in mysterious ways..like how we three were the most unlikely friends, sometimes I wonder what had kept us together after all these years - C being the chi chi branded stuff lover, F the totally girl-iness personified, me being always the athletic one.

Oh well, hope F's plan to be married by 2012 comes true :))

No comments: