Monday, August 17, 2009

Burnt!

My face never felt so burnt before. Usually I would definitely have a cap on if I need to be under the sun, a habit from undergoing morning trainings since the days of centralised training camps prior to tournaments. I hated it when the sun was in the eye, adding to the headache from the glare off the pitch and the heat overhead. The habit carried on - I never was without a cap at the beach, any outdoor games that i need to be under the sun for any extended period of time. So any major peeling would be any other parts of the body like the shoulder or back, rather than the face. Of course, I learnt later that direct sunlight is always the predecessor for early onset of wrinkles, so thank god for the early initiative arising from necessity.

But I forgot that 7 hours of the sun in the pool, though mostly overcast and not that sunny, can cause the sun-burn!

I think my face hasn't gone through such an ordeal since I was maybe in....JC? Uni?? Even when we were playing Wooden Shoe or the National sixes in the open fields, the team would also try to find shade whenever we could in between the games. So I really couldn't think of another time when I was so burnt.

Sometimes I wonder why so many people like to sun tan under direct sun exposure. Especially the ang mohs who seriously looked 100% COOKED and yet they looked super happy having just grilled (and destroyed) their epidermis. It's so bad for the skin! Just enjoy the sea breeze and the warmth of the sun under the nice coconut tree shade. It's definitely more skin friendly! And sun block! SPF 50 and above! (Sheesh..I sound so auntie...)

Now my nose bridge is seriously painful to touch. I just hope that it doesn't develop to fever..

No comments: