Saturday, August 8, 2009

Out of the blue

Tomorrow being National Day, my FB is flooded by posts by ex-colleagues, depending on their luck, lamenting the lack of or celebrating this long weekend. At one instance, I kinda miss the actions on the ground - the excitement building up to the event, the adrenalin of managing incidents real time, and the comaraderie from your work goup, all fatigue from the hours spent making sure everything turned out well.

All these makes anyone hardy enough to be able to survive most situations I think. That now, I find civilian life a bit lull..Sigh.


1 comment:

Evelyn said...

i have the exact same feelings, progressing from the crazy-late-nights in audit to the normal life here now... sometimes, i will feel i'm not gaining as much - skills-wise, and experience-wise...
makes me wonder if i made the right decision.
but, i think one saying is very apt and true - the grass is always greener on the other side. haha.