Thursday, August 13, 2009

Love of Siam

I blogged about the song almost 2 years ago, and its still one of the songs that frequently get played on my Ipod. And on Wednesday I finally caught the show!! :D




I was surfing the GV website looking at something else, when I suddenly saw something familiar somewhere at the bottom of the listing....what?! Since when has the show been showing in the theatre? (like since 16 Jul..already 3 weeks!) And then it was a flurry of smses to Jun zi who was the one who gave me the MP3 (but she had to cover a soccer match..) and then to a few colleagues who might have been interested. My email to them went something like - It was a hit in Bkk in 2007. It is a show about 2 gay boys. The song is very nice!

And in the end 3 dear colleagues decided to join me for the 3 hour show starting from 9.15pm, without even knowing what the movie title was, cos I forgot to give that info in the hurry that I was sending out the email. Haha!

There are some universal themes, and love will always be one that revolves around anybody's life. The story centers around the 2 boys, Tong and Mew, but the theme manifest itself throughout the film. Love for someone - your family, your loved ones, your friends, and the other emotions that run with it - hope when you just secretly watches someone, pain when you know that the loved one will never return, guilt when you wish you can turn back time and undo the wrongs, sadness when unrequited.

It's painful to watch the ending, when both apparently love each other , for one of them to tell the other, that they can't be together, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't love him. Sigh..

Anyway, the show was beautifully shot. Though the movie was a bit slow, but the plot develop at its own pace for its own reasons and there was never a dull moment or bland screen shot. And with the scores that tug at the heart strings, it's really an enjoyable movie. Of course it helped that the two main characters are cute. ha!~ But my favourite scene is still the one when Mew's grandmother sat with him at the piano, telling him that every song played tells the listerner something. She then played the song that Mew's grandfather used to play to her, and asked Mew to listen for the message in the song. Mew listened, and said quietly, "Grandfather is saying that he misses you".




It's good that we finally caught the show on Wed, cos from then onwards, the show is going to be screened only in the afternoon at about 1pm. Good thing was, the 3 colleauges liked the show, so that kinda relieved my guilt of having to leave the theatre only at 12 midnight. :))

I want the soundtrack!

(The only thing that marred the show was..the people in the theatre grovelling and snickering when the 2 boys kissed during one shot. I mean, come on! You know what the show is about, and with all the ratings and advisories, you would have known what is likely to come up during the movie. If you are not prepared for it, then don't watch! Inconsiderate idiots..)

2 comments:

Sunshine23 said...

Aiyo.. I wanted to watch this movie so much and no one to go with me!! ok ok. . and next week it's only showing in day time.. ok ok.. I'll have to find means and ways to watch it liao.. :)

MojitoMint said...

yupyup. It's good! I think the movie will appeal to you.