Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Operation Resuscitation

My poor lappie is sick.

To be more specific, it is a bit ki-siao.

Due to some backing up thing I did god-knows-when, the registry is all screwed up. My picture and music files are supposedly existing in some non-existent F:

Somehow I realised something was not right sometime back, when the my adobe photoalbum's default folder to download all the newly taken photos was F:. but since I can change the directory for the download, it wasnt so much of a problem.

Until I bought a new toy and had to download the software from the internet. And it had to run from My Music folder. And since the folder was residing in a non-existent drive, the software cant run without the phamtom folder. So had to consult the resident comp surgeon (my brother) and realised that my registry is screwed up.

Got new toy but cant play. %$#%^#

Option 1 - tried to remedy with all the online help-->failed.

Option 2 - reformat--> but I accidentally threw away dell recovery disc during the last cleanup of my room.Only last sat. Shit like that happens everytime.

Option 3 - buy a new comp --> but of course. If I got $$ to burn.

Comp Surgeon tried his best with option 1. But looking at how furtile it is, he suggest to just start afresh. The lappie will have to be operated over a few days, and after that the chances of resusitate to full healthy state will depend on 天意.

Darn. My lappie has served me well for the last 3 years =~(

But anyway, no facebook, no access to MSN, no blog-surfing for the next 3 days or so...

No comments: