Monday, September 29, 2008

F1 Sunday

What could be more exciting than watching the first ever night race in the history of F1 Grand Prix? Like many ple (read : not high net worth - no sponsored tickets - no track side seats), but I prob had the vantage seat - in front of the TV.



Which had proved real good, if not how would I have caught Messa's disastrous moment causing him to drop from the leader of the pack to end up covering the rear? And then watched the replay of Haikonnen crashing out with just a few laps away from the finish line? I pity those who had betted based on the showing on Friday. People used to say "The ball is round", now I think that applies to the tracks as well.



I must say, the race had proved to pack more drama than the hong kong serial showing on channel 8, real time some more.



In the middle of the race, I suddenly had a feeling of deja vu - the setting was the same a few weeks back with our paddlers playing the doubles final. It's exciting to think that Singapore can stick its fingers in the international sports scenes pie finally.

No comments: