Friday, September 19, 2008

I am so darn weak...

...over only 2 bottles of victoria bitter.



I have to qualify, I wasn't drunk but I think my body was starting to protest when my lower abdomen (not my stomach strangely) started cramping up and I was breaking out in cold sweat on the way home. Could be due to the fact that :-


  • I was nursing a sore throat over the past 2 days

  • I was feeling a wee bit dodgy while waiting for the "auntie's" arrival

  • The excel spreadsheet which I hv been working on for the past week was making me nauseated

  • I havent been sleeping well for the last few days (see point i,ii and iii) and of course, exacerbated by someone's inconsiderate callings late Wed night when I was trying to sleep.


The moment I step out of the car, I felt the upsurge and threw up at the nearest grass patch. Whatever I had for dinner (or what had tasted like what I ate for dinner) came out in the mash of liquid and whatnot. Once done, I thought that was it. Then another wave came.


While facing downwards and watching whatever i merlion-ed..I could hear 2 banglas walking past and probably sniggering in their own language. All possible imagined sexual attacks flashed through my mind, having heard of what happened near my place recently. I was so ready to kick whoever take a step too near me.


I must say..it is amazing how I managed to make it back home in a super steadily manner. And spent the next half hour cradling my head until I decided that it was definitely much better to be cradling my head SHOWERED, CLEAN AND READY TO SLEEP. So despite protests from my whirling head, I dragged myself to the bathroom floor. Much better after that, I flitted to my kitchen to down 3 tabs of vit b, knowing that was the key if I I want to survive the night and wake up sane the next morning.


And truely, no hangover effect..only the sorethroat and nauseating effect from the excel spreadsheet left for me to nurse.


Damn. I liked the 虾酱鸡 and would have preferred to have it left digesting in my stomach. I hope next time I eat 虾酱鸡 it wont bring back this episode to memory.



4 comments:

Becky said...

Stick to ribena next time. I hate to see that chicken going to waste ha haha!

MojitoMint said...

ok...next time if the same thing happen and i got leftover, i give u since we good fren :D

hhahhahah~
dont hit me when u see me at our next gathering!

Becky said...

That brings the question of :When is the next gathering?!!
Aiyoh, not during the other police wedding dinner liao right....

MojitoMint said...

i go prod mr anti-angmoh again..or maybe it's easier that I just take the initiative and send out email tmr