Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's not fun to be a statistic on the morning radio

You know, the kind that goes "Jam on the PIE cos of accident in the most right lane. Please avoid the area".

I had the first ever (and it shall be the last!!!) accident on the expressway this morning.

I had been taking the same route to work for a good {[365+ 30 + 9] (days since I had been posted to my current office) - [32x2] (sat and suns) - 15 (estimated no of days on leave)}.

Ok well..it doesn't mean that accidents couldn't happen. All I can say is that it's really quite a sickening feeling when the car in front jammed break, and tried as you might (and you can really feel the ABS going into overdrive gripping and releasing, gripping and releasing..) you know you are going in for a hit.

And it's wasn't even a hard bang. The collision left a bit of white paint and a slight dent (the kind that you can get when hit by car door) on both my front right and the car in front's rear right bumper. Not that bad of a damage, now I'm just worried that the driver will change his whole bumper with the reinforcement-affected theory. Damn....

But it's just bad that it happened. My colleauge claimed that my car had its annoynamous cameo on radio causing all that jam (on the PIE, not CTE. Totally not related - cos I know there were a lot of people braying for blood for that big jar-of-a-jam on CTE this morning). But I was done in 5 mins, exchanging particulars and photograph taking. So I don't think it's me -.-"

Sianz..

No comments: