Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dress-sense crisis

Incident Date: Today afternoon
Location: TCC City Link Mall
Ocassion: Coffee with friend

yakyakyakyakyakyak....

"Er. ..sorry.."

I looked up, thinking it was the server. And I saw this sporty looking boy standing on my right.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry..but can I have your number?"

!!?!??!!

"Er..I think I'm much older than you."

"Er..but is it ok if I have your number?"

"I seriously think that....how old are you?

His eyeballs swung left.."20?"

?>#$%!

"I'm really way older than you.."

"But is it ok if I get your number?" His Motorola pink razor was pushed a wee bit forward

Shit...I was really quite reluctant but I admire his guts. Either that he really cant get the hints.

I just hope he dont get too traumatised if he ever know the truth. Right now, I would think ignorance is bliss for him. Sorry kiddo..I have no heart to break the truth to you that I am a good decade older.


xxxxxxxxxxxxx

AAR - how not to be mistaken as a teenage booper
Location - PIE on the way home

Was it the way I dress?! Ok..I was in shorts and wearing a tee from Pull and Bear whose target consumers are like girls in pinafores and more likely to idolise Lindsay Lohan than fantasie themselves to have Madonna's body at 40s. But their tees are nice!! And I even threw in a shrug which I thought would have given a bit of mumsy factor

And I still cant help but walk in whenever I see Roxy and Billabong stuff in a shop.

My getup during the weekend, if I can help it, is still t-shirt, shorts/short skirt and slippers. This has been the sort of getup since I can remember since school days. I still cant bring myself to naturally wear a sundress during weekend, unless there are some special reason or suddenly I super hiao for-god-knows-what (no, I dont dress up when I go on dates. I always believe to be comfortable in whatever I appear in. Dont want any more awkwardness as it is).

God...this was just a topic I was sharing with a girl-friend a few weeks back. Somehow we were talking about the fact that we still have a natural tendency to dress like how we would when we are still in early twenties...she held a thoughtful silence, and then said that "But so long as we are happy can already lah."

Yeah...but I don't want to end up unintentionally dressing like a teenage-booper-wannabe and kena sniggered at when I am out =.="

Maybe if I start dressing my age I can start attracting the right people instead. But then again..I was eyeing that Billabong dress I saw earlier...................but then again how would a 30 year old dress??!

Anyway as a pat-on-the-back that at least I am not mistaken to be an auntie, , gave myself a treat with two masks tonight :))

1 comment:

Becky said...

This is truly hilarious ( sorry but i can't help it - being approached by a 20 year old!) Maybe you should meet up with him and invite the whole gang of us along. Tell him you like to hang out with older friends ha haha