Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cycling at ECP

Was jio-ed to cycle at East Coast Park today. It had been like ten thousand years since I rode a bicycle and more so at ECP (the last I remember was prob in sec school..god..that was long time ago). Other than one who has her own bikes, the rest of us weekend warriors went to rent. Which was good enough for me.





We started at East Coast Hawker Center and rode eastwards. It was great after you get past the crowd at ECP - families, couples, tourists, groups of youngsters, roller-bladers, joggers, walkers, strollers.. I think everybody wants to go to a green spot during the weekend to get away from it all.





The sight was amazing. People sailing, wind surfing, and I saw a couple of guys doing para surfing. hmm..didn't know the sport has already landed in SG. And the smell! BBQ!!! From the moment I stepped out of my car I can smell the wings, sotongs, prawns...Yum...





But the best part was when we hit the area after SAFRA resort. The park was quiet from there onwards. And it was from there onwards that my blood pressure starts to drop a little (from looking out for potential victims for me to knock into), and was more leisurely to look at the sky, sea and trees.








(I have yet to learn the one-handed camera holding technique. So not many photos.)

















The track turned into Changi Coastal Road, where we turned back cos the youngest of our pack (she's only 9 years old!) started proclaiming that she was hungry..which was a good idea cos if not I would be the hungry one soon (I was eyeing the packet of potato chips that was on the display shelf at the bicycle kiosk when I rented the bike :p)!





It's great to be out near nature. More photos to embellish this entry after I charge my cam batt..

No comments: