Sunday, December 9, 2007

1st Day BKK

It is now 7.20am, Sunday 9 Dec.











I am supposed to still be sleeping, or just waking up, cos wanted to hit the gym at 8am (thailand time). But idiot me forgot to synchronise my phone with local time, so the phone alarm rang one hour earlier.

So updating while for waiting for Guat so that we can go gym together.

Anyway..didn't sleep in the end from last morning,and ended up crapping with one of the night owls online. Had been quite wakeful (must be the training during the shifts..) until we hit the road. It is so rare that I get to be the backseat passenger that I decided to stretch out my legs and took a snoozer.. (and I am still paying the price for not sleeping..@_@)




ZZzzzZZZzzzZzz.......






Airport..











After settling all the stuff, joined my brother and michelle at BK, decided to try my wifi connection (yes, cy..I didn't do the crazy thing and check in my lappie)

I am perfectly wifi functional!!









Followed by a long walk to Gate C26.


And on the right, you see another Nintendo DS addict on the loose..







Playing with MP3 player. At least something that doesn't need brainwork.






It was meeting Grandpa Zhou all the way until the plane touched down in BKK. Then realised that this was going to be the first time I will be hitting the new BKK airport.


The airport had the industrial raw look..genuinely unfinished??







The main reason for the trip SEA Games 2007








From the outside of the airport. You can actually see people on all 4 levels. A bit surreal, like looking at a doll house.










Our apartment : Somerset Park Suanplu







This much anticipated place was recommended by CK. Supposedly very good. And it's true to it recommendation! (and price..). My amatuerish pictures are below, but check out the website(I was drooling over it since after checking out the website during the planning stage of this trip)


The lobby. Christmas is so near..








Our abode for the next 6 days










And upon opening the door..checkout the living room!










The kitchenette on the right side. Comes with stove, fridge, microwave, OVEN (I mean, what apt will provide an oven??!!)







The masterbed room with adjoining bath room with tub (I did take photo for the 2 single-beds room..but cant find after downloading :p my phone and lappie are conspiring together more nowadays..)

Anyway my room has also an adjoining bathroom (but without tub :/)



Then it was out to look for food after scouring the internet to check location of the games venue. Central Silom Complex and Robinsons is nearby across the Saladaeng BTS so we went to check that out as well (顺便嘛..).
Not not impressed :/ Was more impressed when we chanced onto a shoe shop on our way back..hiakhiak..









And we ended up with 7 pairs of shoes between the 3 of us


Woohoo~!








Another angle if you cant see our 收获品very well..hehe..








After that it was washing up and moping around..before quick napping..

Two lappies watching the tv..







Jun zi finally popped by with her thai friend Kaew (kawaii!!), who brought us to Suan Lam night market.


I love going to the local places for food,thinking of trying their road side stall again to test the resilience of my tummy..

Btw I did receive the taunting mms on the potluck which I missed..darn!!



It was shopping along all the smalle alleys after dinner. After which we finally declared we cannot make it already and went to do some foot pampering

2 blissful gals and 1 triple whopper who refused to look at the cam :p







Grabbed a cab back and then it was home sweet home (and bed sweet bed!)
And of course, the panda went to the gym this morning and survived. It is now 9.30am after I clocked 30 mins run and did some conditioning. Alone..cos someone still snoozing -.-"

Today will be a SIN vs MAS for the ladies and the men's. (I dont think you all us "Majullah!" anymore?) GO SINGAPORE!!

1 comment:

cy said...

guess you managed to get wired up in your apartment ;) props to you for being sound enough to ensure that your laptop dint get smashed.

food > gym = fat + fail ippt.