Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday at Bedok Reservoir


"Want to go Bedok Resevoir later. Girl is having her dragonboat tournament, can go pick her up and after that we can go for dinner", my mum asked.

I raised my eyebrows. Bedok?? That is way across the island. And even though it's less than an hour's drive, it's still far by Singapore standard (yeah. When your country is small, you can never fathom how anybody can commute an hour and a half EVERYDAY).

But I really want to run. First to lose weight (don't even want to talk about it. Sulk), second to try my new toy.



The Sony W202. Hey it's not a frivolous buy..I have been fighting the urge to grab it when I first saw it on someone last November. Finally something that you can wear to run without fumbling with wires!


Ok, so it was bundling the dog, the mum and driving across the island..on none other than the Pan Island Expressway (pun totally intended) behind slowly driving cars who thinks that everything should be a notch slower on Sundays.

Too bad no one told me that parking space is so limited for that tiny carpark for the resevoir. I gave up after 20 mins and nearly becoming one carpark rage monster, dropped mum and dog at the front of the reservoir park and turned out of the carpark to look for somewhere else to park. Lucky thing, there was a small plot of dirt patch across the road and after doing a quick analysis of the likelihood of being wheel clamped or summoned, dirt patch it was and the Sunday was good again.

Found mum and dog near the entrance, talking to some girls who were playing with the dog. We walked off after I reached her, and my mum said, "Dunno whether if Girl's team is still rowing"

"Aren't those girls from her team? I thought you knew them?"

"No la. They were just playing with the dog"

=.="

(and it was during dinner that my mum told me that 2 guys after workout were also playing with the dog while waiting for me. Darn. My mum should be the one parking the car)

So I set off my run and mum went off to look for my sis. 4.8km of gravel, the sun was shining, and I've got music to run to :D

25 mins later, I hit where the dragon-boaters set up camp, and found mum with dog. While catching my breath, 2 boys about 7 years old walked past.

"He's so fluffy." "(To dog) Say hello.."

"What's his name?" "He's call Gino. G-I-N-O"

"How much he cost?" "I think about $800"

And one of the boys made a face. I wonder why that made me want to smile, his parents probably thought him the dollar and cents pretty early in life but his reaction is so cute that I just feel like pinching his face.
When we found my sis, her team just finished the last race. And the dog was accosted, as usual.









He's a happy dog for a good run-a-about. My mum is a happy woman for the chance to show off her dog. And I am happy, for at least being out on a Sunday.


Wish for more of such Sundays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.