Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Farewell and moving on..

Went for a farewell lunch with my ex dept. Was quite glad to meet up with the rest of the ex-colleauges. It just felt different talking to people from the force. I dont think I can talk the same way to those who came from the big 4 in my new work place.

Anyway, after the whole ritual of speech and plaques, one of the boys was asking to take a together. After the quick snap, I asked him, "Eh, what happened to you and your girlfriend?" (This being his FB status was updated as being "single" a few weeks back; and I remember he was one damn sweet guy to his girl).

"oh..we broke up", he replied "I even saw the guy before at Sentosa with her, before we officially broke up.. She (the gf) was going out with him even before she broke up with me"

"Aiyo..you ok or not" (On hindsight, this was a stupid question to ask. What is he say not ok?? Then what am I going to say??)

"Ok la" He said, "Anyway it has already been one month already. So I got over it la."

What? One month?! Youngsters nowadays take just one month to get over their relationships? And I thought the boy was serious about the girl!

And I caught myself in time. What the hell..at least he is smart enough to do that. Might as well get over it and move on.

Yes, I've been telling myself for years already. One of the ex just msn-ed me before he left for Seoul, asking to meet up after he's back from his work trip. Instinctively, I was like.."What the f&^% would I want to meet u for? After all the f&^%$^&* thing you have done behind my back".

But then, the-ever-feigning-gracious-me (in relation to this b&^%&* e.g. he is one of my "friend" in FB..Sometimes I am just so tempted to delete him. But no, must learn to be gracious.) say, "ok, cfm again".

And then I whined to a friend the next day - how can people be friends with their ex-es? When breaking up had been painful/messy/ downright unpleasant. The friend just said, "Aiya, you just need to move on lor, then it wont be so difficult already". I ungratefully retorted, "You never kena cheated before right.."

But the friend's right. I should take a page from the 20 year old boy and move on.

No comments: