Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Lappie

just when I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.....and then the train hit me :/


xxxxx


Anyway am doing this blog entry on the new lappie - I got a Macbook pro! It came yesterday but then I was too tired after reaching home past midnight, only too have the lappie fully set up after my brother went to configure all the stuff.

Now I donno where to find the "insert" button or "My Documents"..and only to find that the "delete" button actually is for "backspace" (gosh..I really sound like some IT idiot here.)

The old one has served me so well for the past 4 years that I was reluctant to get a new one. No matter it takes ages to boot up. No matter that it takes at least 5 mins to go to the homepage (it is good enough so that I can start surfing by the time I grab a glass of water/ brush my teeth/ go moosh around in the room...you get the drift).

(ahh...I found the icon to the Documents folder..oh..and I didn't know that you can do double click by tapping the touchpad twice..argh.)

Anyway it took me ages to get myself down to getting the lappie. It crashed, resurrected, keyboard went haywire, resurrected the second time, and all the time I thought that's cos it just had its own idiosyncrasies.

I am sentimental.

Either that or you can say that I am just a stickler for familiar stuff. Like knowing that there is a separate "insert" and "backspace" button where I can find them on the keyboard without looking.

Oh well, I think I will start having fun with this Macbook pro soon..after I figure out what those weird buttons are and how did my sister do all the cool toggling stuff.

(hey one of the weird buttons can do the cool toggling stuff! :)

(can I just add..I just discovered "Front Row"! Its damn cool!!)
xxxxx

This is a bad...bad....week :s

No comments: