Sunday, January 3, 2010

I prob lost my clubbing groove

Was out at Shanghai Dolly on New Year's Day..just for William Scorpion. Yes William Scopion. The hot 50plus yr old -rumoured gay :p There were prob only like two of us in the group who were real keen to see him in action, while the rest were ok so long as we had a girls' night out, so they were kind enough to indulge us. Haha~

Sad to say, Shanghai Dolly was prob only interesting for that only..don't think I will ever go back again!

Anyway I just realised that the last time I went clubbing was I think half a year ago (gasp!).. even then it was a far cry when I was hitting Velvet, Newsroom and Bar None almost every other weekend 4 years ago.

Since then, the idea of sitting somewhere and drink rather than having to squeeze with ten thousand persons probably sounds more appealing. Well, even during the last night out half a year ago, I think I was also probably just standing around and people-watch. Someone told me before it's a sign of age catching up. I say it's cos of the company I keep during those ocassions- the Nua-ers. The lazy buggers who refuse to move their butts once they find a table and plonk themselves until they feel the urge to go home (rather than sleep on the tarmac floor outside the club). Bleh.

Like today. I got an sms - one to go Dbl O and another to go Wala.

Dbl O - gosh. The last time I was there was prob ..hmm..what..5 years ago??! I wonder how I would appear standing around and watch all the SYTs (sweet-young-things my dear..) grooving to the music. I can possibly pass off as those hum sap old men standing at the bar counters staring at SYTs on the dance floor..if no one knows any better. Hah~ But anyway if not for the fact that I had two horribly late nights in a row, with a horrible week ahead, I prob would have hit the joint too (for old time's sake! ;p)

Wala - hmm..that was a tempting invitation. Can go in cap, t-shirt ..grab a mojito and lounging around (but they get horribly crowded nowadays), listen to Shirley and the Unxpected tonight (they sing on Sats right?). But too bad..two horribly late nights and a horrible week ahead. (Anyway this is going to be one friend who is going to disown me soon..I flew him aeroplane too many times liao :s Maybe next sat..)

Maybe....just one round of Dbl O..or the likes..just to see if I had really lost the groove. But after that you will see me retreating to places like Wala for probably a long while. hah~

No comments: