Monday, May 25, 2009

London! Day 1

After 13 hours of flight with only 4 hours of intermitten sleep clocked, I reached Heathrow at a glorious time of 5am. By the time I hit the tube, it was already 6am.

When 6am in Singapore is still a 黑漆漆moment, 6am in London enjoys a good 9am-like sunlight (I dont know whether if its a good thing for a night owl like me..), with even hearing birds chirping while travelling on the tube. Wasted a little bit of time trying to find Fenny's apartment (it pays to ask the RIGHT person for directions!*&$#%), by the time I stepped in the apartment, it was already 9am.


It looked a bit bleaked - not being able to find the place even after walking for about 20mins

So washed up a bit, nua-ed a bit, and it was to Covent Market with this Aussie girl who I sat beside the plane.



This is Ally from Australia. 27, she just graduated from uni and is going to her friend in Geneva tomorrow, and then travel (and try find work at the same time) for the next 6 months.







Covent Garden was abuzz with people. Alright, I don't find the shops and store pretty interesting, but I like the crowd, the way people sit in the sun (it was blazingly hot!) with just a potato jacket, or ice cream.





Busker, doing an impersonation of a caged bear (I think). Ally said aloud, "Oh my, what if someone comes around and grab all his busking money? He cant chase in those."










No, not my camera's exporsure got problem (but I admit that framing was bad). The invisible paid a visit to Covent Garden.








We ended up sitting and listening to a really good busker. I tried to video this guy, but shall spare everybody my lousy videoing skills.









After like 4 or 5 songs by that guy, we walked around some more. Must have been the jet lag. I see shops and stuff that I think I would like. Like this really beautiful red shawl that cost 3GBP. But was simply not in the mood to buy. I think I will go back again since the Transport Museum is there, and I havent tried the "really good fish & chips along Endell Road that I must try". Ally ended up buying stuff that she would need for her trip.

Finally, Ally left for her friend's place where she was going to crash for the night before flying tomorrow. As I was on the way home (erm..technically so for the next 8 days), I decided to skip an appoinment with a friend for dinner at Canary Wharf, and stayed in with a simple home cooked meal (I was at that moment thankful that my mum had forced me to learn cook rice when I was young; and that I got a friend who got a kitchenette).

The clock on my lappie, tuned to SG time, says 3.15am. It is only 8.30pm here and the sky is still bright! Like it's only aboug 6.30 in SG. I give myself another hour before crashing...and I so need to run to tune my body clock. Just hope that the weather holds up tomorrow for the run and also to see the change of guard at Buckingham Palace!

No comments: