Saturday, May 23, 2009

Checking in!

Yesterday I was suddenly gripped by apprehension..

What if I cant find my way to the Tube at Heathrow?

What if I lose my way to Fenny's place??

What if I trip over the steps to the bus with my luggage and stuf???

It's not the first trip flying alone (HK, Jkt..), but it's the first trip going to place I have never been before (JC geography school trip doesn't count), so far away from home, and with no one to meet me there.

:s
.
.
.
.

Last week I suddenly had a thought.."Maybe I should change some pounds first..so even if the exchange rate go up or down next week before I fly, I still gain 50% either way".

But then, when I was at People's Park, the atm machine broke down. When I was at Vivo, I realised that I forgot to bring out the cash I had drawn out, and atm card not with me. When I was at Jurong Point, I became distracted looking at shoes, after checking that the rate was SGD 224.5 to 100 GBP.

Today the rate went up to 231. And that made it 30 bucks more expensive for me.

Grrr.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
I went to British Airway website 5 mins before the site was available for check in. Hmm..got time.

Went Facebook.

Hm...bejeweled. Ok, since got time...

By the time I managed to check in, it was 10 mins past the starting time of check in. But I'm checked in!
.
.
.
.
.


13 hours flight!!

No comments: