Sunday, February 8, 2009

Land of the Garuda - Day 6

As I type this, I am already home, more or less well rested (discounting the fact that I had to climb up super yesterday morning for the twice-weekly swim session).

Anyway to wrap up the whole entry, so that I could have some sort of record for posterity (shacks...I am slipping into corporate talk already..), the last day of the trip was spent somewhat in a leisurely manner. Breakfast was a local noodle, very much like bak chor mee, but with very nice springy noodles that I dont you can find in Singapore. We stopped by Fenny's sister's place, for her to instruct to her servants, before we set out for message. The message only cost 70,000RP for 1 and a half hour! And good solid massage..basically all needed to be cracked were cracked, all needed to be kneaded were kneaded.

After message, it was time for late lunch (I had really eaten non-stop for the 3 days when I was in Jkt) and we had kambing sate - the indon version of satay.

There wasn't much time left so I had to go back and pack, and left early to beat the jam. With a quick dinner, I bade Fenny and her mum good bye and took the last flight out.

It just dont feel the same without pictures. But all the pics are now in Fen's camera, and I could only wait (till i see the drool inducing pictures of the sate kambing again)

So with that, that was the end of the 3 weeks' escapade away from establishment. I think I am most comfortable in t-shirts, shorts and slippers and it was most comfy for the past 3 weeks. I am going to miss this gear-up veryx5 much..sigh...

No comments: